Pharmacognosy Research [ISSN: Print -0976-4836, Online – 0974-8490] [http://www.phcogres.com], Quarterly a publication of Phcog.Net is published by Wolters Kluwer Pvt.Ltd. It provides peer-reviewed original research articles from the field of Natural Products. The journal serves an international audience of scientists and researchers in a variety of research and academia by quickly disseminating research findings related to Medicinal Plants and Natural Products.
It is a peer reviewed journal aiming to publish high quality original research articles, methods, techniques and evaluation reports, critical reviews, short communications, commentaries and editorials of all aspects of medicinal plant research. The journal is aimed at a broad readership, publishing articles on all aspects of pharmacognosy, and related fields. The journal aims to increase understanding of pharmacognosy as well as to direct and foster further research through the dissemination of scientific information by the publication of manuscripts. The submissions of original contributions in all areas of pharmacognosy are welcome.
The journal aims to cater the latest outstanding developments in the field of pharmacognosy and natural products and drug design covering but not limited to the following topics:
- Pharmacognosy and pharmacognostic investigations
- Research based ethnopharmacological evaluations
- Biological evaluation of crude extracts, essential oils and pure isolates
- Natural product discovery and evaluation
- Mechanistic studies
- Method and technique development and evaluation
- Isolation, identification and structural elucidation of natural products
- Synthesis and transformation studies
- Trypanocidal potentialities of skimmianine an alkaloid isolated from Zanthoxylum pistaciifolium griseb leaves
- A phytochemical analysis and in vivo effects of an herbal aphrodisiac Newtonia hildebrandtii on male wistar rat reproductive system
- Evaluation of the antioxidant and gastric antiulcerogenic activities of the hydroalcoholic extract and leaf fractions of Solanum stipulaceum roem. and schult.
- Determination of flavan-3-ols by high-performance liquid chromatography-photodiode array, antioxidant potential, antimicrobial activity, and pharmacognostic evaluation of Maytenus obtusifolia (Mart.) leaves
- Evaluation of cytotoxicity and antioxidant potential of bael leaf (Aegle marmelos) on human hepatocellular carcinoma cell line
Abstracting and Indexing Information
The journal is registered with the following abstracting partners:
Baidu Scholar, CNKI (China National Knowledge Infrastructure), EBSCO Publishing’s Electronic Databases, Ex Libris – Primo Central, Google Scholar, Hinari, Infotrieve, National Science Library, ProQuest, TdNet, Wanfang Data
The journal is indexed with, or included in, the following:
EMBASE/ Excerpta Medica, Emerging Sources Citation Index, Index Copernicus.
Dr. Srisailam Keshetti – Editor,
# 9, First Floor, Vinnse Tower,
Wheeler Road Extension, St. Thomas Town,
Bengaluru , Karnataka-560084,